Thursday 13 October 2011

It's been a little while.

13/10/2011 - Well I know it's been a while since I last posted but I've been recuperating and not doing much else.  Good news is that the surgery to the ear seems to have worked OK and I'll be back running this coming Saturday.  Still not able to partake of the old Martial Arts for a while yet but still.  It's probably going to be tough running again after a six week lay off but I'll try for a five mile jaunt to warm me up.  Then I need to seriously start planning for next years Milton Keynes Marathon.

So what's been happening since my last post then?  Well for me not a lot other than being busy back at work which is why I've been rather neglectful of this blog.  The last few weeks have finally seen the end of an era for me though as I have sold my motorbike.  I've been a bit down about that ever since but it had to go.  Chap who bought it said it was "a beaut, and looked and sounded great". So here's hoping someone nice gets it and looks after the old girl.

My lovely ZXR - now no longer mine :-(
Oh, it was my daughter's 16th birthday and what a lovely birthday it was.  We took her and some of her friends ten pin bowling after which a limo took them all in style to a restaurant where they had a lovely meal. From there it was back home where we'd set-up a marque in the rear garden which tents inside for sleeping, food and drink if wanted, and a cinema area for them to relax and watch films until they had had enough.

Sweet sixteen
The cake my wife made was a big success with the girls and the waitress at the restaurant.



Though I personally I feel it was my addition of a icing sugar zombie, created by my own hands I might add, breaking out from the side of the cake that finished it off nicely.

I call him Benedict.
So that's it; I promise to be a little more active in keeping this up to date from now on now that I'm starting my training again.  Oh and I'm off to Rome soon so that'll hopefully give me something to blog about :-).

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment